As we start a new year, and as I start my term as the Chair of the Future Leaders group, I thought it was a good opportunity to give you a brief reminder of what the group does.
The ACT Future Leaders group is designed to support you while you are building and developing your knowledge and reputation. This dynamic and interactive forum will hopefully help you to grow and network with those in a similar position to you.
We have a small working group, made up of individuals from various industries, that drives the agenda for the wider group. The working group is organised across 4 workstreams:
- personal & career development (Courtney Huggins and Camila Montagni),
- technical (Jayesh Hirani, Doug Pinder and Rob Searle),
- Middle East (Anissa Teemul and Roshun Tulkens) and
- ACT membership engagement (Louise Tatham and myself).
We have several exciting projects lined up for 2019:
- In March, Amanda Bradley (from Congruent Disruption) will give a talk on resilience and why it is important from a personal and professional point of view.
- In June, we will be running a panel discussion which will aim to demystify the bond issuance process.
- As it has now become a custom, the Future Leaders will also have a presence at the ACT’s flagship Annual Conference in Manchester in May and will guest-edit an issue of The Treasurer magazine in the autumn.
- In the Middle East, we will be hosting careers events.
- We will also be organising webinars, networking drinks and posting content on our LinkedIn group throughout the course of the year.
One of my personal objectives is to expand our member base and increase awareness of the group. We recently issued a questionnaire to ask you what you think the Future Leaders group should focus on in 2019 and the response rate has been fantastic – thank you very much! We have used the research to shape what we will be doing in the next year. We also encourage an ongoing dialogue so would love to hear from you – please feel free to get in touch with any ideas, discussion points or topics you feel are relevant to the Treasury Leaders of tomorrow… our LinkedIn page is here to for you to express yourself!
For those of you who couldn’t attend our events or hadn’t seen our podcasts from last year do look at:
- Time management for a digital age
- Top tips for a treasury career
- Never stop learning
- Leadership skills and your network
- What type of Leader do you want to be
- Interactions with external stakeholders
- RFP podcast
I look forward to getting to know you better during 2019 and hopefully to meeting you at one of our events – details of which will figure on our LinkedIn page or treasurers.org/futureleaders in due course.