Being half way through the year, I thought it would be a good opportunity to recap on what the Future Leaders have been up to so far and what else is planned for 2019.
Since the start of the year, we have:
- In March – organised an evening on resilience in London, where guest speaker Amanda Bradley explained how resilience helps tackle challenges in and out of the workplace.
- In April – run a careers breakfast event in Dubai where executive coach Dawn Metcalfe spoke about dealing with conflict on the workplace.
- In April/May – participated in the 40th Edition of the Treasurer magazine
- In May – led a fringe session on interviewing techniques and hosted a networking reception at the ACT Annual Conference in Manchester.
- In June – produced a podcast on what makes a good treasury policy which will be available shortly
In addition, we have written a number of articles and shared posts on the Future Leaders in Treasury Linked In group.
For the remaining part of the year, we will be:
- In July – hosting a summer networking drinks reception in London
- In September/October – guest-editing The Treasurer magazine
- In October – organising an event in London aimed at demystifying the bond issuance process
- In November/December – issuing our annual questionnaire asking you for feedback on the ACT’s Future Leaders group
Throughout the remainder of the year, we will also be issuing a new podcast and continuing to post useful content on our LinkedIn group.
We hope that you have enjoyed our initiatives so far and look forward to hearing from you/meeting you later this year. As you know, we are always keen to interact with our members so if you have any ideas that you wish to share with us, please get in touch via LinkedIn or the ACT.