In January, I contacted eligible members (Fellows and Associate Members) inviting nominations for election for the three vacancies on Council for the term commencing 1 May 2019.
In line with our recent governance review, we said that we encouraged members from diverse backgrounds and at different stages of their treasury career to stand for election and highlighted a number of skills and experience that Council felt would be particularly desirable. These were:
- Financial expertise, including financial accounting, management accounting, business planning, corporate finance and treasury
- Risk management – both financial and business risk
- Education – both learning and assessment
- Marketing and brand development
- PR and lobbying
- Technology / digital
- International development
- Banking – treasury and other
- Smaller company and / or not-for-profit business management
- Legal and regulatory experience
We have had a fantastic response with nominations from nine excellent candidates.
Over my 25 years at the ACT, I have always been impressed by the level of engagement of our members and that is what makes our professional body so special. Please do take a few minutes to read the profiles of the candidates and vote for the three that you would like to join Council. Voting is quick and easy (you will need to be logged in to your online account to vote).
Voting is open until 17:00 on Tuesday 26 March 2019 and the electronic ballot is accessible to Fellows (including Honorary Fellows) and Associate Members.
Thank you and good luck to all our candidates!