Those new to treasury profession as well as those who require an overview of the whole treasury function, are often seeking to get a high value hands-on training from more experienced peers.
In June this year, we launched a revamped version of our A-Z of Corporate Treasury training course. This in-depth introduction to the corporate treasury function in international markets, in its new four-day format, featured trainers from an independent treasury and risk management consultancy, Zanders, which brought great value to the course.
Zanders is delighted to be working in partnership with the ACT on delivery of The A-Z of Corporate Treasury Course. This first offering was very well received by participants who responded well to the encouragement of our trainers for interaction, resulting in plenty of lively and open discussion. We look forward to the next offering of this course!”
Course attendees were provided with:
- a deep insight into the core areas and main treasury activities of corporate finance, cash management and financial risk management
- an understanding of the role of treasury as a corporate function and how the department can add value in a strategic capacity
- insight into the setup, structure and interactions of a treasury function and the different operating models
- the ability to approach financial risk management in a structured way by applying a framework for managing your financial risks
- a mix of theoretical and practical applications that can be immediately incorporated into your treasury function
- access to senior practitioners from the corporate world who bring ‘real life’ perspective to the training based on experience from numerous corporate treasury projects
Participants were able to take advantage of the combined expertise of the ACT and Zanders to ensure that they are up-to-date on the best-in-class treasury skills and practical knowledge. Trainers used real-life examples, group work, cases studies and exercises throughout the four days of the course, which encouraged interaction between all participants.
Caroline Stockmann, the Chief Executive of the ACT says:
It was great to join for the kick-off of our first new-format A-Z of Treasury training course, in partnership with Zanders, on a sunny day in June. The group was a good mix of corporates and banks, and there were a few themes already coming out in the opening session which I attended – certainly a strong Japanese flavour in terms of the organisations represented, and a couple of students were tax heads who had recently been given responsibility for treasury. The course is a great way to get to grips with all aspects of treasury, with the possibility then to go into certain areas in more detail should one wish to do so. But the four days cover a lot of ground, and allow students to grasp the big picture as well as a lot of the necessary terminology and technicalities which can otherwise be quite confusing. It’s also an excellent opportunity to network with others.”
100% of attendees said that the “Corporate Finance” programme was delivered in ideal styling
If you would like to get a complete overview of the corporate treasury function from strategy and organisation, to cash management, risk management and corporate finance, then register your interest for the next course. For more information, please visit the ACT Learning website.