On 30 June 2017 the Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) was awarded Best Association Conference at this year’s Conference Awards (organised by The Global Conference Network) for the ACT Annual Conference 2016, which took place at the ACC Liverpool on 18-20 May 2016. It’s a great achievement and recognition for all the hard work and planning that goes into making this leading treasury event come together – our thanks to all the speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, volunteers, venue and of course, our delegates for helping to make this such a success.
OUR ENTRY: Association of Corporate Treasurers – ACT Annual Conference
The ACT Annual Conference is the UK’s must-attend treasury event for finance professionals. In 2016 we welcomed over 1000 treasury professionals and 96 speakers who joined together to be educated, supported and led by the ACT.
The events team ensured that audience-led research, creative sponsorship and innovative marketing campaigns attracted industry leaders to speak, attend and partner with the event, whilst enhancing the attendee experience and reinforcing the ACT as the leading source of treasury knowledge.
As an annual event, with 52% corporate attendees repeating their attendance in 2016, it’s continuously refreshed and improved year-on-year. Highlights included:
- international, diverse line-up of cross-sector speakers from SMEs to large corporates; including a 6% increase in female speakers and 40% of speakers were ACT members or students, reflecting our strong member engagement and reinforcing the ACT as the leading source of treasury knowledge and debate
- largest exhibition to date (953m2)
- breathtaking social highlight in Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
- bespoke event app containing over 53 pages of content
WHO WE WERE UP AGAINST
Winner: Association of Corporate Treasurers – ACT Annual Conference
Silver: The King’s Fund – Digital Health and Care Congress 2016
Bronze: ABTA – The Travel Association – The Travel Convention
Other finalists included:
- ARMA (Association of Residential Managing Agents) – Nominee: 21st ARMA Annual Conference
- Airport Operators Association – AOA Annual Conference 2016
- College of Occupational Therapists – College of Occupational Therapists 40th Annual Conference
- Royal Town Planning Institute – Young Planners’ Conference
Read more here.
DON’T MISS OUR AWARD WINNING CONFERENCE…
We can’t wait to return to Liverpool on 15-16 May 2018 for the next ACT Annual Conference and it’s never too early to start thinking about getting involved. GET IN TOUCH to find out about sponsoring, exhibiting or speaking at this event by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.